Recipes Coconut Oil for Lasting Weight Loss
Recipes coconut oil for losing weight and keeping it lost? Alrighty then… Get ready to accelerate your metabolism and burn more fat, the delicious and nutritious way.
By the way, for a comprehensive program to win the battle of the bulge, I recommend Cherie Calbom’s book, “THE COCONUT DIET, The Secret Ingredient That Helps You Lose Weight While You Eat Your Favorite Foods.” Okay, here we go…
Low-Carb Coconut Smoothie
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Virgin coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Protein powder (whey, rice or goat protein) – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Ground flax seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Almond extract – 1/4 teaspoon
- Natural sweetener (stevia, coconut sugar, etc.) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Ice – 8 to 10 cubes
With the exception of ice, place all the ingredients in a blender and process at high speed until well mixed. The coconut oil must be blended first before adding ice so that it won’t clump. Use more or less ice, depending on your cold preference. Serves 2
Basic Cheese Omelet
- Virgin coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Eggs – 4 large ones
- Heavy cream or milk of choice (plain, rice or almond) – 2 tablespoons
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated or crumbled cheese of choice (cheddar, etc.) – 1/4 cup
Whip eggs, cream and black pepper in a medium-sized bowl, then set aside.
Using a medium-sized nonstick pan, put 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium-high heat.
As soon as the oil gets hot and bubbly, add egg mixture. Reduce heat to medium and cook, lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg to seep underneath.
When the bottom layer of egg mixture is cooked but the top is still moist, sprinkle grated or crumbled cheese over one side of the omelet.
Gently fold omelet in half and cook for another 30 seconds. Slide omelet onto plate and serve immediately. Serves 2
Coconut Oil › Polyunsaturated Fats › Recipes Coconut Oil