Coconut Oil for Epilepsy
What amount of coconut oil to give to a six-year old child with epilepsy? Also, what is the best brand to use?
The coconut oil maintenance dosage would be a good start. I suggest you follow the guidelines below as to how much you can give your child.
For the first 11 kilograms of body weight, 1 tablespoon daily will do, and so forth:
- 23 kilograms = 1.5 tablespoons
- 34 kilograms = 2 tablespoons
- 45 kilograms = 2.5 tablespoons
- 57 kilograms = 3 tablespoons
- 68 kilograms = 3.5 tablespoons
- 79+ kilograms = 4 tablespoons
Free radicals have been shown to be involved in the occurrence of epileptic seizures. Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFA) so generously found in coconut oil have been proven to be effective in reducing epileptic seizures in children.
Please click on the following link for one of the best coconut oil brands in the world.
All the best,