Coconut Juice: The Fluid of Life
Coconut juice or coconut water is aptly called, The Fluid of Life, because of its profound and highly beneficial impact on your health. In a way, it is virtually the blood of the coconut tree.
Just to be clear, coco juice is not the same as coconut milk.
Coco milk is the liquid extracted from the white meat or flesh located along the inner walls of the mature coconut. Coco juice is the watery liquid you hear sloshing around inside a fresh coconut.
This tonic or buko juice as we call it here in the Philippines, is relatively clear in color and looks more like water than it does milk. It’s my favorite beverage of all.
I prefer the juice of the young green coconut because of its mildly sweet and nutty flavor. Plus, it normally contains a lot more water.
Below is a list of just some of the medicinal properties of coconut water or juice:
- An effective oral rehydration medium
- Kills intestinal worms
- Helps cool your body
- Dissolves kidney stones
- Is a diuretic
- Stops malnutrition
- Aids infants suffering from intestinal problems
- Promotes quick absorption of medication
- An excellent tonic for the sick and old
- Useful as an intravenous solution
- Readily accepted by your body as blood plasma substitute
- ….. plus countless more …..